Reposting just to remind you that we have our flu shot clinic TODAY from 3-7:30pm at Northridge!
There are many reasons to get the flu vaccine. Whether it’s to protect yourself, or help prevent loved ones who may be elderly, pregnant or prone to infection from getting sick, getting your shot is an important tool to defend against the flu.
It’s more than just protecting yourself — when you get your flu shot, you are also protecting people around you. The CDC says this includes “those who are more vulnerable to serious flu illness, like babies and young children, older people, and people with certain chronic health conditions.”
The CDC says how well the flu vaccine works each year can vary, but the greatest benefits of getting vaccinated are:
- Flu vaccination can keep you from getting sick with the flu.
- Flu vaccination can reduce the risk of flu-associated hospitalization, including children and older adults.
- Flu vaccinations are an important preventative tool for people with chronic health conditions.
- Vaccination helps protect women during and after pregnancy. Getting vaccinated can also protect a baby after birth from flu.
- Flu vaccination also may make your illness milder if you do get sick.
In addition, the CDC also recommends other good health habits, such as covering your cough and frequently washing your hands with soap, can help prevent the spread of the flu and other respiratory illnesses.
To help make your flu fight easier, Brown Clinic is holding walk-in flu shot clinics at its Northridge location on Tuesday, October 10 from 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., and Saturday, October 21 from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Brown Clinic also offers flu shots by appointment throughout flu season.
Flu season is just around the corner, so it’s time to get your shot and defend yourself and those around you against the flu.