“Want to have a healthier holiday season this year? Take this quiz to test your knowledge of calories and fat in traditional holiday foods.
- Which appetizer contains the least amount of fat?
- 1 ounce (oz) of brie cheese
- 1 oz of mixed nuts
- 1 tablespoon of hummus
- Which cookie has the most calories?
- 2″ lemon square
- One medium chocolate chip cookie
- Five commercial gingerbread cookies
- Which cocktail has the least calories?
- A rum and Coke®
- A martini
- A whiskey sour
- Which candy has the least fat?
- 2″ square cube of chocolate fudge
- One medium piece of peanut brittle
- One medium piece of homemade toffee
- Which meat has the most fat?
- 3 oz of boneless ham (lean and fat eaten)
- 3 oz of boneless duck (skin eaten)
- 3 oz of boneless cooked chicken leg (skin eaten)
- Which food has the most sodium?
- ½ cup (C) of homemade bread stuffing
- ½ C of homemade mashed potatoes
- One dinner roll
- Which warm beverage has the fewest calories?
- 1 C of hot chocolate made with whole milk
- 1 C of apple cider
- 1 C of eggnog made with whole milk
- Which of the following contains the most sugar?
- 2″ square brownie
- One piece of fruit cake
- 10 chocolate-covered peanuts
- c. 1 tablespoon of hummus
The hummus contains 1.3 grams (g) of fat, the brie contains 8 g, and the nuts contain 15 g.
- c. Five commercial gingerbread cookies
The gingerbread cookies contain 147 calories, the lemon square contains 140 calories, and the chocolate chip cookie contains 50 calories.
- b. A martini
The martini contains 135 calories, the whiskey sour contains 158 calories, and the rum and Coke contains 211 calories.
- c. One medium piece of homemade toffee
The toffee contains 4 g of fat, the peanut brittle contains 5 g, and the fudge contains 6 g.
- b. 3 oz of boneless duck (skin eaten)
The duck contains 9 g of fat, the ham contains 3 g, and the chicken leg contains 8 g.
- a.½ C of homemade bread stuffing
The stuffing contains 479 milligrams (mg) of sodium, the mashed potatoes 119 mg, and the dinner roll 117 mg.
- b. 1 C of apple cider
The apple cider has 104 calories, the hot chocolate 192 calories, and the eggnog contains 244 calories.
- a. 2″ square brownie
The brownie contains 21 g of sugar, the chocolate-covered peanuts 15 g, and the fruit cake 13″ https://www.consultant360.com/n411/content/holiday-party-quiz-prepare-healthier-holiday